The truth is so hard to tell because it means:
- We’re not as nice to others as we think we are.
- We don’t have it all figured out like we pretend we do.
- We aren’t quite as good as we would like people to believe.
- We’re not as rich as our accumulation of stuff would suggest.
- We are not as helpful of a mate as we want social media to believe.
- We’re afraid of giving up our free will to do what we want when we want.
Believing that the truth is something we should run from is a great scheme of the enemy to keep us silent and bound…
- Intimacy w/ Christ
- a Clear Conscience
Jesus was consistently calling out the religious folk for not aligning their actions with the intentions of their hearts. In a specific interaction with some Jews, He [Jesus] dropped another “I am God” bomb on them, and it is documented that “many who heard him say these things believed in him.” – Jesus goes on to say, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” After some clarification for the ‘Sons of Abraham’, Jesus says some of the most powerful words I have ever heard, “So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.” Hold fast to this promise today. Don’t run from honesty for fear of anything, instead lay it all out on the table for people to see and embrace your freedom!